Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ON MY 20th BIRTHDAY

By: polaris

Email: geeddelacruzberonibla@yahoo.com

FB: geedberonibla@yahoo.com

****************************************

I would like to dedicate this poem to my Solid MSOB Family. For everything that happened, I’m still so thankful that I’ve found a family here that I could treasure for the rest of my borrowed life. To those persons I’ve known much and shared their life with, THANK YOU! You’re highly appreciated.

I hope mabasa mo to Daddy. I MISS YOU!

****************************************

Came the day I was born

About to end my teenaged life

Nothing so special like ordinary birthdays

Until folks welcomed me in a new world.

Deciphering what was written

Touched by stories scribbled with love

Different faces greeted me with smiles

And soon I embraced it with open arms.

Glad I was part of the family

Overwhelmed by their friendship

Hello, hi, we talked and talked

Can’t believe I met them.

Felt like it was my 1st birthday

So much greetings and gifts to open

Can’t recall who they were

But few were etched and will never be erased.

Vin kissed me 20 times

It was the first time I was kissed like that! Whoah!

Alex kindly sent me 20 mwaah hugs

It makes me feel alive! Haha…

Mharvz and I were love team

And Vin was part of the triangle! LOL

Kuya Mike dedicated PNP 12 to me

I began to love SIOPAO!

Someone asked for my number

And soon Kuya Dennis called and sung

Astoundingly, it was overseas

It was the best birthday song ever.

Above all, there was this man caught my attention

“Happy birthday!” a usual greeting from him

But it was perfectly etched in my heart

I never thought that day would come.

I never forget when he called me GB

I liked the ingenuity, made me special

We talked more and more

A friendship I could treasure for lifetime.

Two days after my birthday

First day of the fourth month

He asked queries about me

And answered him honestly.

I introduced myself wholeheartedly

And he did as well

We were similar in many ways

We have things in common.

Lucky I was trusted

I’ve known something that others don’t

He finally called me, I was surprised

A call from abroad, his voice was comforting.

Officially he has spoken

I was his second son and he was my Daddy

He started to call me “Anak” and “Son”

Tears began to flow but it was joy.

Almost an hour of talk

Relieving on my soul

I never felt that truest joy in my life

I was blessed by Him, He gave me a star.

Days passed, every day is a much-awaited-day

Our family has grown into five

He has already four kids, Denver, JJ, Macmac and I

Sometimes, I was jealous, then, later, accepted it.

Among his kids, I felt least of the attention

They were always in touch

We had, a few only, I guess

I was left behind, our time didn’t match.

But my love for him didn’t change

I learned to appreciate things

Mentor, counselor, hero, a friend

No one’s perfect, somehow as my Daddy, he was.

He promised to come on my graduation

With flying colors, I swore to him

Being a part of exchanging vows

Overwhelmed, what a joy to be there.

Black Saturday of the year

Guarantees were ruined

Everything was useless

A throbbing farewell from him.

A family he has to start his own, I wondered

Tears washed my eyes, held him tight, but he let go

Motionless, no sign of emotion, silence

Daddy was gone.

Realizations came to his mind

And we have to understand it

A decision was finally made

And we have to accept it.

Almost 23 days I was his son

Never forgot Daddy was

Him, a part of my history

Will always be cherished.

I wish it’s my 20th birthday again

The moment I left my teenage life

Everything will be back in time

With Daddy that once was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW US

Follow us in
- Friendster: www.friendster.com/msob
- Twitter: twitter.com/msoblue
- Facebook

Add michaelshadesofblue as your friend in facebook, friendster, and twitter: juha.michael@gmail.com

Disclaimer

All images and videos in this site are copyrights of their respective owners and "MSOB" claims no credit unless otherwise acknowledged. If you own the rights to any of the images or videos and do not wish them to appear on this site please, contact us at getmybox@hotmail.com and the items in question will be promptly removed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails