Followers

Friday, March 23, 2012

White Lies

I studied medicine in a famous university. Since my parents couldn’t afford the expensive tuition fees, I had to work in a restaurant as a waitress.

That was how I met Troy, the owner of the restaurant. He’s a devilishly handsome guy and a very young multimillionaire. After several months, I realized two things. The first one is I enjoyed my work very much. The second one is that I’m madly in love with my boss with all my heart and I love him more than anyone else.

My heart skips a beat when he lays his eyes on me. His sweet little words gently touch my heart from within. The most wonderful thing that ever happened in my life was when he approached me to tell me he loves me too. That was when I realized that the guy I secretly love feels the same way as I do!

It was a perfect relationship. Even though I feel awkward every time he’s with me, I’m very happy because it’s a dream come true.

After a year, we still longed for each other in our relationship. Our feelings were the same as before. However one day, I noticed he became uncomfortable with us. I asked him why.

He looks into my eyes directly and says those words. Those words which broke my heart into pieces. He’s breaking up with me. He told me that I’m the biggest mistake in his life and I’m not suited to have a relationship with him. He went on further to say that I’m just a low prize girl that seeks a rich guy to change my social status to solve my financial problems.

I felt numbed. Maybe it was due to the tears that flow ceaselessly from my eyes. I turned my back to him and ran away. I reached home with a strange feeling. I felt pity for myself and anger at the same time. As I lay on my bed, I promise myself not to love him anymore. That night, I tried not to think of him anymore and to forget him indefinitely. But how? I couldn’t even stop myself from crying.

Many days, months and years passed rapidly. I was sitting comfortably in my swivel chair when my secretary gently tapped me. She told me that I need to visit my new patient in Room 207.

Yes, I’m now a successful and a famous doctor. I have my own house, cars and everything that I did not have before. After suffering for the last few years, I finally managed to attain my goals. However, I know that I’m not completely happy because even time couldn’t heal the big wound in my heart. A wound that only one guy can cure.

As I reached the room, my heart skipped a beat. I know that patient personally. I know the thin and pale man lying on the bed. It’s Troy! He’s the man whom I still love even though he dumped and hurt me. He was also the same man who is the reason for my eagerness to succeed.

I called his name softly. Even though his eyes were closed, there was a single tear drop in his eye. It was a sign indicating that he knows that I’m here. I picked up the letter beside him. As I read the letter, my tears began to fall…

Hey baby,

I might not be awake when you’re reading this either due to my illness or maybe I’m already not around. I just want to say sorry because I lied. What I’ve told you in our last talk is definitely not true. That was the day I found out that I was struck by cancer. I didn’t want to let you know. I didn’t want you to worry for me.

I want to let you know that if my life would to start all over again, you’re still the one I’m going to pick.

However, since I’m dying, I promise you that I will love you until my last breath…

Troy

He was pronounced dead as I finished reading.

2 comments:

FOLLOW US

Follow us in
- Friendster: www.friendster.com/msob
- Twitter: twitter.com/msoblue
- Facebook

Add michaelshadesofblue as your friend in facebook, friendster, and twitter: juha.michael@gmail.com

Disclaimer

All images and videos in this site are copyrights of their respective owners and "MSOB" claims no credit unless otherwise acknowledged. If you own the rights to any of the images or videos and do not wish them to appear on this site please, contact us at getmybox@hotmail.com and the items in question will be promptly removed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails